Dr. Alireza Taheri is a psychotherapist and psychoanalytic theorist with a primary focus on Lacanian theory. Among his published work is the book Hegelian-Lacanian Variations on Late Modernity: Spectre of Madness published by Routledge (2020) and a chapter titled “On Psychoanalysis and Violence: Contemporary Lacanian Perspectives,” featured in the collected volume On Psychoanalysis and Violence: Contemporary Lacanian Perspectives (Routledge, 2018). At present, Dr. Taheri is editing a volume on post-Lacanian philosophy.
What I enjoy about Dr. Taheri’s work is the wonderful blend of scholarly depth and pedagogical intent. He is lively, engaging, and the lucidity of his presentations offers a valuable voice in Lacanian theory, especially for an interested general audience. I’ve compiled a list of Dr. Taheri’s lectures and interviews, beginning with an interview I had the privilege to conduct recently. I hope you find the list useful, and I will do my best to keep it up-to-date.
- Psychoanalytic Theory & Practice: My Interview with Dr. Alireza Taheri
- Interview & Free Association with Dr. Vanessa Sinclair
- Spectre of Madness Lecture at Foreign Objekt
- Psychoanalytic Topology at Foreign Objekt
- Understanding Psychosis & Autism through a Lacanian Lens at Foreign Objekt
- Lacanian Topology Against Narcissism (in Persian) at the Fly-Bottle